Thursday, April 7, 2011

gay valentines day

Valentine’s Day in Our Own Special Way


After so many years
Filled with pains and joys
Laughter and tears
One husband and two boys

You settle in and get comfy
Prepare for the long term
I don’t mean to put it bluntly
But we know there’s more to learn

Not to say that we haven’t improved
We have come a long long ways
To name all that we’ve been through       
Would take a month of Sundays

So what it comes down to
Is do we really need some special day?
I think you truly do
But why not in the month of May?

It’s not a way out or an excuse
We both agreed we weren’t buying cards
So we could put our money to better use
Though I realized today this would be hard

I see balloons and flowers filling my office
As I’m sure you did too
I thought “I’ll charge it she won’t notice”
At least till the bill comes and you’d say “what’d you do!!?

But this doesn’t feel wrong
You know we’ll make up for it another day
For it is you and only you for whom I long
And every day isn’t just another day when it’s with Lindsay

2/14/11

No comments: